VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Would converting to an mp4 container be any different?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by shaunthesheep View Post
    I managed to convert to wav OK using your string and it imports into Lightworks OK with all 6 channel intact and audio playback excellent. Progress. Many thanks.
    This suggests that lightworks' MOV parser is buggy , you should report these observations to the developers

When people use DNxHD, it's usually in MOV container with uncompressed audio - so those people are going to have problems.

Would converting to an mp4 container be any different?
    PCM WAV is poorly supported in MP4 container
    Quote Quote  
  3. Like I said in post 56, I have raised it in the Lightworks forum as a possible bug. However, at least one person has managed to import a mov file into Lightworks with 6 channel pcm audio so matters are not clear cut.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You have to compile it from the sources. The one I compiled the other day doesn't have AAC support. (You can include whatever external libraries you want)
    @poisondeathray. Is there any chance you could allow me to use your ffmbc 0.6 compilation?
    Last edited by shaunthesheep; 1st Jun 2011 at 07:38.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by shaunthesheep View Post
    You have to compile it from the sources. The one I compiled the other day doesn't have AAC support. (You can include whatever external libraries you want)
    @poisondeathray. Is there any chance you could allow me to use your ffmbc 0.6 compilation?
    This one is compiled with no external libraries, only avisynth support

ffmbc-0.6-rc6-static
    http://www.mediafire.com/?l3m7w3np1xr3iv6
    Quote Quote  
  6. Many thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  7. A Lightworks user has also complied FFMBC v6 and it can be downloaded here.
    Quote Quote  
  8. btw 0.6 rc7 was released yesterday

unspecified bug fixes on the changelog

FFmbc-0.6-rc7
    - Options are now reset between -i, output files and
    -newaudio, -newvideo parameters.
    - Display starting time code for MXF and Quicktime files.
    - Bug fixes
    Quote Quote  
  9. A Lightworks user has compiled ffmbc 0.6 rc7 here.
    Quote Quote