VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I recently got a bluray writer and some discs but am having trouble getting them to play in my PS3. They do work in the drive itself and a friends standalone Sony bluray player but I'm looking to get a standalone one myself. I've been trying to get MKV files converted to bluray but the instructions on this site seem out of date or inconsitant with what is showing up when I do the actual process. What I would really like to do is get myself a different bluray player for my tv. What I am mainly looking for is if there's one I can load MKV/MP4's onto BDR discs and play through that with optimal quality. Anyone know one that's worth getting?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I guess you have tried different mkv/mp4 to avchd/blu-ray tools, https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/all-in-one-mkv-to-mp4-avchd-ts ?

Or stream your video files to the ps3 with ps3 media server.

Or else get the same blu-ray as your friends? But no blu-ray player will play all kinds if mkv/mp4 without problems.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yeah I used this guide

https://www.videohelp.com/guides/convert-mkv-to-blu-ray-without-reconverting-id1093#1093

However, some of the steps are not clear as there are newer versions of the software out. For instance I think a section stated something about a .000 file and I didn't have one of those in my MKV. Also when burning using there was nothing about which mode to burn in, Mode 1 or Mode 2. Just lots of inconsistancies.

As of presently I do stream to the tv. I generally use the Samsung Share utility that came with my tv as it brings it over in the greatest quality. Streaming from the ps3 makes mkv's look more like upscaled DVDs. My optimal solution to save drive space would be to write these files over to bdr discs (in mkv/mp4 format) and play them through a bluray player.
    Quote Quote