VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi there,

I'm a newbie here, so thanks in advance for anyone who can help me from loosing the plot with some video conversion I need to get my head around.

Basically I have some very strict video conversion parameters to adhere to, and Quicktime Pro, and a host of other converters I've tried just don't accommodate. I was hoping that someone might be able to point me in the direction of a (Ideally free, though not imperative) conversion app that does it all.

I absolutely HAVE to be able to fettle with the following for my target outputs;
    Video:
    • File Format (Mp4 and 3gp)
    • Frame Size and progressive scanning
    • Max file size indication would be helpful so I know how big, in Mb, the target video will be
    • The ability to crop to any screen size
    • De-interlacing of target files
    • Codec (H264, H264HD, H264BP and MPEG-4)
    • Profile (Baseline, Baseline Level 3.1, Profile 0 and Simple)
    • Frame rate (from 15 to 30 fps)
    • Max Bit rate
    • B-Frames
    • Reference frame
    • I-frame interval
    Sound:
    • Format (AAC and AAC-LC (48Khz))
    • Stereo or Mono
    • Bit rate (Variable or fixed, 64 to 160bps)

As I mentioned, I have found some apps that do some of the above parameters, but none that can handle it all.
    Am I asking too much here? Or is there a great app (Free or Paid) that will save my sanity and allow this level of tweakage?

Many thanks for any help anyone can offer.
    Regards,
    Paul.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe AVIDemux? Most times there is never a single program that will do 'everything' and do it all well. Being able to accurately control output size usually requires a two pass encode. Some of those other 'tweaks' are dependent on the codec settings themselves and not the program used.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote