VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi guys,

Is there any DVD Players which can play HD DivX? or is there any dvd chipset which can play HD DivX?
    I think it would be worthed to be bought than BD player.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't believe so. It would have to be able to handle high definition graphics not just have hdmi out.

I don't know about your location but bluray player prices have dropped a lot over the last year. You could get a basic player for a lot less than you might think. Just research it before buying to make sure it supports the files you want. Don't forget to check if it handles fat32 or ntfs harddrives.

If disc playback isn't necessary you might also consider a wdtv media player or one of its competitors. Those handle high def files off of ntfs harddrives and have a wide range of file support.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. There are no DVD players that support Divx HD listed there. Of course, their list isn't comprehensive, only a handful of Divx HD certified products (all Blu-ray and standalone media players) are mentioned:

http://www.divx.com/en/electronics/solutions/high-definition/divx-plus-hd/electronics

So there may be some Divx HD certified DVD player somewhere. But I've never seen or heard of one.
    Last edited by jagabo; 24th May 2011 at 12:08.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    think you might find something here i was just looking for a
    multi-region dvd player the prices look dirt cheap
    too good to be true?
    http://www.threedoubleyou.com/dvdplayerlek.html
    Quote Quote