Hey guys and ladies. I was wondering if anyone has yet or will in the future create a very detailed guide of what the 360 can and cannot accept in the form of video and audio ( not just file types and extensions). So what i mean is, over the past few months i have been converting my large library of dvd/blu ray movies to external hard drives since i am tired of having scratched discs quit playing on me and a child that finds a way to get at some of my movies no matter how hard i hide them LOL.

So as i learn more effective ways to extract/convert etc. i have some success when using free software for certain conversions etc but i am also having times where i rip one of my discs, try to maintain audio video quality and then some do not work on my xbox.

So is there anyone who has a long guide of what types/combos of audio and video do work and which do not?? Also i am trying to find a comprehensive guide that will let me know what formats are best to convert to when i have ripped a certain type of movie, be it blu ray etc. Is it wmv in some cases, avi etc.

P.S. - i plan to post some examples of movies and certain ways i converted them where they did not work on my 360 when everything seemed like they should have been compatible and times when i lost major audio/video quality converting certain ways etc. It will be tough though since any ones that did not work i ended up getting angered at and then just deleted the unworking video. So i may try to re-rip a few of my previous blu-ray movies that when converted to work on xbox, did not.

Are there certain frame rate caps for the 360, etc? In other words what are some lmits i must avoid when converting/encoding audio and video etc. Any help with this would be great. And hey while this forum is up and running maybe i can take all the info i get in this post, and turn it into an up to date guide of what works, doesn't etc. So please post any info you have as i am sure anything will be helpful !! I want to keep ripping my movies and converting them to top quality to stream on my xbox 360 and save time and money by not having to replace my scratched discs (which i am soo tired of lol)

P.S. - for those who say "just keep your discs in good shape and away from kids", oh god trust me, it is easier said then done. When a kid wants at something like his/her favorite movie they will hunt the house till they find that disc LOL. And by the time you catch them with the disc, they have either used it a frisbee or dropped it 50 times lol.

And for those who say "why not just rip them and then burn them again?" I don't have the time most days or the patience to rip, then convert etc, then burn a disc for an hour or more only to find out the disc wont play on my stand alone blu ray player. Let alone the money i have already wasted on discs for the movies i burn that dont work. I already have 6 tb of external drives for movies so i would prefer not to spend more $$$ on discs.

Thanks people !!!