VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I am a Newbie and getting really confused with this formatting stuff. I have a PVR (only) that claims to be able to play mkv, DvdX-Xvid, VoB, Mpeg4, So fare I can back up my DVD's by Ripping them and they seem okay although they still have the Lines Top and Bottom.

My main question is what format can I rely on th be able to Download "DVDRip. XviD" and "MSV" Movie's to my PC HDD' then load them onto a 32 Gig USB stick" plug it into the PVR and play the files through my HD 1080 DTV (Sony Bravia)

I do not need to play any of these Movies - DVD Rip files on the computer. It's all about the PVR

I have just Downloaded a DVDRip 720 x 4?? in Matroska Format, I loaded it onto the USB and when I tried to play it on my PVR it stopped and said File Stopped.

I have had trouble with other DVDRip.XviD in AVI format just will not play' shows nothing but I can push the Stop Play button to stop it so again I think the PVR is not recognising the Files, the PVR is new and one of the most popular brands available. A lot of these Files Have WMC Player WNP and Mastroka Icons on them once downloaded BUT some will play others will not

To sum up What would be the best relaible format to convert MSV and DVDRip.XviD to so that they will work on my PVR without all this drama I have DVD Shrink, AvideMux, DVDx4, Aimersoft Ultimate,Video Edit Magic and also MediaInfo, Can someone tell me of way around all this is there a Video tutorial regards Dashas

2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Why can't you tell us the PVR brand and model? Or is it a secret??

And try google the pvr model name and you will probably find some specific forums with info.

Search Comp PM
    Thanks Baldrick, No it's not a problem and certainly no secret. I just did not think it was appropriate

It's a Topfield Masterpiece 2400 twin HDD 500 Gig and they have a very good Forum and lot's of really clever and helpfull people involved! As a matter of fact without those people the Topfield PVR's would not be anywhere near as good a product as they are' and let me say they are one brilliant piece of gear but every Post or reply is Moderated and Censored before it's posted. They responded partly re Backup Ripping of my old DVD's' but would not respond to anything to do with DVDRip.Xvid and Torrent downloads it's DVDRip.Xvid Torrent Movies that are causing me grief. hope you can help Cheers Dashas

Search Comp PM
    S'funny, but our forum rules prohibit discussion of downloaded pirate material as well.
    Read my blog here.

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger View Post
    S'funny, but our forum rules prohibit discussion of downloaded pirate material as well.
    It's only illegal if it becomes a financial enterprise, when people "Retail"l what they download' then it becomes "Pirated" I resent your assumption that I am asking for Illegal information! I am sorry if I broke any laws here though I could be forgiven' when this whole Forum is made up of Adverts for programs for DRM Removal, Pirating, Editing of DVD's, Movie Streaming of Live content and Television programs as a matter of fact take away all that and you would not have much of a Forum?

Funny how you have made that judgment on me when I will bet that you have yourself at some time or other used your abilities for your own gain and done the same then come on here and on one hand display to everyone who will listen how clever you are and on the other how holy and up righteousness you can really be.
    '
    I was not asking for a Conversation about how to Pirate anything I was asking in a Forum especially for Newbie's about all this criteria, about why the Format's instructed in my PVR manual do not seem to be working when I play them on my PVR.
    I am still hoping for a Reply can somone assist please Dashas : or have I just wasted 2 day's because of guns1inger nobility go back and read my Thread it's easy to see why you want Libel Laws Changed

Search Comp PM
    You posted looking for information on how to process downloaded, pirated material. Financial gain has nothing to do with it. If you read my post, I said nothing libellous about you either. Only that your question was in contravention of the forum rules.

If you had actually spent even a fraction of your "wasted" two days reading through any of the posts in this forum you would have found the answers you seek without having to even ask the question.
    Read my blog here.

Search PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger View Post
    YIf you read my post, I said nothing libellous about you either. Only that your question was in contravention of the forum rules.
    1000% agree. There are several of the types of posts recently which are for some unknown reason allowed to continue without being locked or deleted and I have no idea why. Here is another one:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/335179-Philips-DVP5990-F7-burning-avi-files

8. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Buy your movies and rip to a standard mpg file. Most PVRs are crappy avi/mp4 players. Problem solved.