VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. OK I shot some rockets at 600fps with my EX-F1 the nature of this method means I must shoot portrait.

normally not an issue I Just put them on youtube sideways

but now I want to make a DVD. I plan to run it TWICE normal (sideways) and rotated even though rotated will be much lower resolution.

How do I do this? its a quicktime file so I used quicktime to rotate the video but I am discovering it DOES NOT actually rotate the file. it just "sets a switch" in the file so quicktime player PLAYS it rotated.

alas any other player AND conversion software does not honor this switch so its still unrotated.

suggestions?

also is there a simple solution to convert this now rotated file into a VOB compliant file? IE in photoshop I would simply doa "canvase" of 720x480 leaving the image centered where it was black all around the image.

how do I do this with a VIDEO file. the file is 432x192 so 192x432 if I can get it converted.

so how do I drop this into the center of a "black" 720x480 video ie "canvas" it ?? I don't need to edit or anything nothing fancy..
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try avidemux. Even the very basic freemake video converter might work as it can rotate.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Virtually every video editor has rotate functions. VirtualDub has rotate functions and can open MOV and MP4 files with the right source plugins.
    Quote Quote