VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am using AVS Video Editor - saving the video clips (10 dance routines) in .AVI HD 720 -- the quality looks good but they are jumpy. I have to get this resolved today -- I have to finish the video and burn 89 DVDs by tonight...eeek! PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try something better than avs crap. Like the very simple but still good freemake video converter.

And I guess you know that you wont be able to get any real HD from a DVD VOB source.
    Last edited by Baldrick; 20th May 2011 at 17:09.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the advice -- i'm on it! I know it's not real HD - but I need to get these dance videos to be as clear as possible. They are shot from the stands in gymnasiums and are grainy to begin with. So after playing around with different outputs -- that was obviously the best. Again, thank you for the advice.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Terrible decision on your part, since your end output will be DVD, which can only play standard definition, not HD. Your source is already VOB, and all you need to do is extract the MPEG-2 video out of it. Use VOB2MPG for that, then edit the .mpg files and author on DVD. There is no rhyme or reason to do an HD bump up.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Okay -- I obviously am NOT a pro! I was simply comparing the look of the output. It's just not the best video quality to begin with, so I was trying to give it a boost! I have A LOT to learn! Thanks -- I'm looking at your VOB2MPG now! There is not going to be any bump up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for your help!
    Quote Quote