VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Pinnacle Studio HD Ultimate 14, Windows 7, Acer M5811 64 bits computer
    I have imported via firewire cable videofiles (AVI) from Sony DCR-TRV210E (Hi8) camcorder
    with Pinnacle's Import into Pinnacle Studio (import went OK, no error messages), added some
    fade in/outs, texts and a menu to my DVD-movie. Rendering to an Iso-file went also OK.
    When I try to run the ISO-file with VLC-media player, the playing stops soon without any
    error message (VLC crashes).
    When I doubleclick the ISO-file in Windows Explorer, my Nero Express-burning software starts to run,
    and gives an error message (transl. freely from finnish to english): "The blocksize does not
    correspond with the length of the Image. The block may be corrupted. Do you want to fix it
    or pass the problem ?" Nero shows on screen numbers in three fields, where the blocksize is
    2048 and the upper id of the image is 0 as well as the endpart of the image is 0.
    I have created also VIDEO_TS-folder from the project, but it also does not work, when burnt on DVD with Nero. Two of the video files in folder do not play, the rest play OK.

Can somebody help me how to go on and fix the problem ?
    Can I somehow fix the faulty block for ex. with Nero ? What shall I put to the fields, if ?

Is there any software to examine/fix the imported .AVI-videofile, that the videofile is correct,
    before I start to edit it with Pinnacle ? I think, that the problem is in the .AVI-file, it may not be OK.

If I edit the video again an remove a few seconds from the point where VLC crashed, create a
    new ISO-file and try to play it again with VLC, it crashes again, but in a different place,
    that can be in a place before the place I fixed, or after that place.

Actually, I believe, that the error is in Pinnacle Studio. It does not inspect the files and
    report from errors, when it imports the video file, or writes the ISO-file. The support of Pinnacle only asks me to remove the corrupted (?) part of the video and try again ? I have worked with 3 dvd-projects (3 homemovies) now about 2 months, and I think, that it can not be so difficult.

Last edited by kariham; 23rd May 2011 at 03:13.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try extract the content from the iso dvd with isobuster or a virtual drive like dvdfab virtual drive and then play the dvd folder with vlc. Does it crash?

If it works you could burn the extracted DVD Folder(VIDEO_TS) using Imgburn.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank You Baldrick for your answer. I made the VIDEO_TS -folder with Pinnacle, but two of the videofiles in it were faulty, the other played on only 14 seconsd, the other none.
    I then used the Windows DVD-Maker, and quess what ? It made the DVD OK and it rules well, and the AVI-files must be OK.

I think that the problem is in Pinnacle, the editing software can not handle all situations when making video from the project, because the AVI-files play OK with VLC.

I'd like to use Pinnacle, because it has much more tools to use in the video than Windows Video maker. In other case I have to consider to buy another software for editing, Sony Vegas or Magix .
    Last edited by kariham; 23rd May 2011 at 05:47.
    Quote Quote