VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've had no problems converting smi to .srt thus far but this .smi just does not work and i don't know why.

http://www.mediafire.com/?31zcpvnkm88d69o
    It's THIS korean sub .smi

First of all it looks fine and normal in notepad... It's a legit subtitle file. The .smi subs loads fine and look fine in kmplayer.

I have to tried to convert it to .srt with subresync and subtitle workshop.
    subtitle workshop just crashes. subresync gives me chinese/korean gibberish reason... I've tried setting the character set as hanguel hangul. I just do what I usually do when i convert korena .smi to .srt but it doesn't work.

what I get:

I also tried loading this converted .srt file in kmplayer JUST in case it only looks weird in subresync but it actually did get converted correctly.... but the converted .srt looks just like this in kmplayer anyway so it IS a complete dud.

I was hoping for either solutions or if somebody has some other brilliant program/way to do it and convert it for me and then upload it to mediafire
    Quote Quote  
  2. I noticed the difference b.t. this .smi and the others.
    so when I open this .smi in notepad I get
    <SYNC Start=93814><P Class=KRCC>
    <font color="#0080FF">이 공원은 낮에는 붐비지만 밤이 되면...</font>
    <SYN

When I open .smi that converts to .srt no problem I see:
    <SYNC Start=6217281><P Class=KRCC>
    タレクキタロセムエルー・コサケョーヒササ チサ ヌ゚エツオ・ <br>

in the notepad.

so for the character setting in subresync to work.... the korean has to be messed up looking like this in notepad.
    so what kind of encryption/garble makes korean turn into "タレクキタロセムエルー・コサケョーヒササ"

... so i would conclude that if i can garble up the korean in .smi to look like that in notepad it would convert fine is the subresync. but i don't know how
    Quote Quote  
  3. I got this in Subtitle Workshop 4.0.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  4. oh thx so much. i think i have some old version of subtitle workshop.
    Quote Quote