VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello i recently updated to the latest version of bd rebuilder, and the latest version of ffdshow, i am tryin to convert salt, to a bd25 backup on the options setting i have set encoder to highest (very slow)

the problem im having is about 30% through i get the error x264 has stopped working?

as since i have reinstalled the older ffdshow/martroska etc versions described on jdobbs site

however i was prompted with a dialogue box a while ago when running bd rebuilder i got a dialogue box from ffdshow about what to select or something it said ffdshow "choose dont use now, or always, etc" so i chose no, however apparently on reading up i should have chose yes on the ffdshow dialogue box which opened when i opened bdrebuilder, how can i get the dialogue box to appear again so i can choose yes??

Thanks for your help
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can configure it in ffdshow. Start menu->programs->ffdshow->ffdshow video decoder configuration and I think it's under directshow control.
    Quote Quote  
  3. hi baldrick

the option is differednt

thats says use ffdshow in

and dont use ffdshow in

underneath is a greyed out option show dialogue whn an unknown application tries to load ffdshow,

im assuming that is it

but howver when bd rebuilder loaded i clicked no just this once

i loaded a ausio cue file up in imgburn it popped up then, i also chose no this once, so im assuming it will pop up on another program i try to load??

i bassically want it to pop up again so i can select yes to bdrebuilder

also should i select yes all the time to the option aswell?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Isn't Salt one of those infamous Cinavia protected titles? If so you're going to have tons of problems trying to shrink it and you may never get it to work successfully.
    Quote Quote  
  5. hi mate, no its ripped and backed up fine bud, just burning to bd25 now, so ill check in the next 30 mins and let you no, im just curious how to get the ffdshow to be selected all the time by the dialogue box that came up. or get the dialogue box to come back up so ive got the option??

i was going to report on jdobbs other forum, but it wont let you post until youve been a member for 5 days which is strange
    Quote Quote  
  6. Unless you can get more specific about the error message, it's hard to help you. And you should fill in your computer details.

I'm going to assume you're on WIN7. When you first run a version of BDRB, run it as Administrator, and it will configure itself. Use the included inspect.exe in the BDRB folder to confirm your configuration. And along those same lines, I suspect it's just a permissions problem.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ceet12 View Post
    i was going to report on jdobbs other forum, but it wont let you post until youve been a member for 5 days which is strange
    That's probably to discourage something that's been a problem here on and off. People will join here and immediately post spam advertisements selling mobile phones and other things. It's not too out of control here, but every now and then we get a bunch of such posts at once. The other forum may figure if you have to wait 5 days for your first post most spammers will forget about registering.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I am trying to back up my copy of TERMINATOR SALVATION on Blu-ray to a BD-R 25 using BD Rebuilder v0.39.02 (beta)
    I have tried using V0.39.04 but the end result is the same.

The main movie consists of 34 parts and BD Rebuilder always fails on the last file. (please see attachment)

The source file for Bd Rebuilder is a full .iso rip of the Blu-ray disk which plays back perfectly when mounted in a virtual drive

Can anyone give me a clue as to what is going wrong....many thanks
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    We are not BDRebuilder experts here so unless someone has a better idea about your Terminator Salvation problem, I think you are going to have to go Doom9 and beg for help over there. I took a look at your log and the old "interlaced VC-1 problem" isn't your issue here. It looks like the encode just fails for some mysterious reason.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I had this happen when I run out of free HD space. Remember BDrebuilder makes temporary file while encoding that it will delete if you set to delete them when encoding completes. My practice is to have 50GB's free on the target HD were the new and temporary files are stored.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Thanks for your suggestions, I tried again using a hard drive with 179Gb free space but had the same failure. I have used BD Rebuilder for a long time now and this is the first time I have had problems.

There is something I find rather strange about this disk and that is the files have 2 video streams, this is the first time I have come accross this (see attachment) Rebuilder seems to process 00235 ok but not 00141.

I will find an answer, Thanks again

attached files are .JPG
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by Brighton Bear; 3rd Dec 2011 at 17:10. Reason: text added
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It's possible that there is a bug in BDRebuilder. You'll have to reach out to the author on the forums on Doom9. The BDRebuider forum is actually the one they use for DVDRebuilder (another product by the same author). I'll warn you - the people on Doom9 are not very nice and sometimes not very helpful, but the author himself is OK. It's not his fault but he has a lot of sycophantic followers who delight in telling you things like "The problem is that you don't have BDRebuilder setup correctly" rather than trying to actually look into your problem. Perhaps you'll get lucky and the author himself will take a look.

Terminator Salvation should have been out for a while so I'm doubtful about this, but if this was a new release it would not surprise me if the 00141 file was put there deliberately just to screw up BDRebuilder. Hollywood has done a lot of things to screw up DVD shrinking programs in the past. I don't remember the movie as it's been too long, but I vaguely remember a couple of years ago seeing a DVD movie that had an unreferenced video file over 1 GB in size on the DVD. It seemed to me that it was there for 2 possible reasons. One was to artificially make the DVD size big enough to require a dual layer disc (without the movie would have fit on a single layer disc). The other was that maybe it was designed to force DVD shrinking programs to deal with it even though it wasn't used at all so that they would shrink the movie itself to a greater extent than was really necessary and make it of lower quality.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Try extracting main movie with Clown_BD first. On occasion, I've had BDRB fail on movies with main movie split into multiple m2ts files. Clown_BD will join them correctly, assuming the rip is okay.

Good luck.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  14. Thanks to all for your replies, I have sorted the problem and will update this with information tomorrow!
    Quote Quote  
  15. Actions taken to correct copy problem.

1. Remounted ripped disk image to a virtual drive.

2. Loaded playlists into BDInfo to confirm which playlist was needed.

3. Loaded required playlist MPLS file into tsMuxerGUI.

4. Removed secondary video stream (MPEG-4 AVC Video 2676 kbps 480p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / High Profile 3.2), subtitles and unwanted audio tracks.

5. Muxed with tsMuxerGUI. output set to Blu Ray disk.

6. Burnt resulting files to BD-R 25Gb disk as movie size was now down to < 20Gb

Backup copy now plays with no problems............

Regards
    Quote Quote  
  16. You have the right idea. Good going.

Just to let you know, sometimes tsMuxer will fail to correctly join the m2ts files, and the audio will go out of sync after a bad join. OTOH, Clown_BD is more reliable for that, so file that away for future use. (Actually, I'm slightly surprised tsMuxer worked whereas BDRB choked on the same files.)

I have to agree with jman, as soon as someone posts on the doom9 BDRB bug report thread about a problematic disc....cue the hallelujah chorus. You're not set up correctly, you must have wrong versions of the helper apps, I did that one no problemo, blah blah. Well yeah, it seems BDRB is rather sensitive to vagaries in individual setups, and I'm not talking about using wrong versions of the helper apps.

I mean no disrespect to jdobbs, his program is wonderful as-is, but it's still beta obviously.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  17. To elaborate a little more:

1) Brighton Bear is configured correctly. BDRB says so.

2) A search of "Terminator Salvation" on the bug report thread shows a few hits, but there's no common denominator. Apparently, previous versions worked for most people on that movie. I found nothing there that's exactly like Brighton Bear's problem.

3) Read the changelog and the whole thread and it's clear that sometimes bugs have been fixed, then they recur in later versions, when other changes have been made to the program. Trying a previous version of BDRB for a problematic disc is inconvenient, considering the fact that each version is time-limited. You have to change your computer's internal clock/date to do it. Which is reasonable from the author's point of view. He needs tasting and feedback for his changes.

-------

Which goes to show how tedious it's been for the author to make his program stable enough and widely compatible enough to issue as a stable release rather than beta.

From the user's point of view it means the occasional disc that requires a workaround. My own experience is that extracting main movie with Clown_BD is darn near infallible, BDRB will happily re-encode that every time.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  18. As a few members have recommended Clown BD I decided to give it a go on "Terminator Salvation".

I found it was not very "user friendly" to a newbie user, but in the end I succeded and produced a backup.

Can someone please tell me how to stop the movie restarting (looping) when it has finished playing!! I ran it through
    BD Rebuilder and this cured the problem but I feel that I'm missing something in Clown BD that I should be setting.

Regards and thanks for your prior help.
    Last edited by Brighton Bear; 9th Dec 2011 at 02:54.
    Quote Quote