Hi there,

I wish to setup a live streaming webcam in a location that will be broadcast to a single location in a different country. It will not need sound, just the video. It is really important that it is great quality, I think the frame rate is the most important but it will be displayed on a large screen TV so the image size needs to be good too. The camera will be placed at street level, so the subjects of the video will be standing around 2-3m away from it.

I have some experience with IP cams, I have a couple of Axis cameras which I have had a play around with but cant get the quality I'm after. These cams dont do h264, so maybe as a starter I need to invest in one that does.

I guess the upload speed of my connection is important, I have about 5 up at home and 50 down, but I'm not sure what i can acheive at the webcam location. maybe if I can get a fibre optic connection somewhere locally, i could but in a network wireless building to building bridge in to connect it up, although the bottle neck caused by that may well make it pointless!

So, money no question - if you wanted to achieve what I am after, whats your shopping list?

Thanks for your time.

Tom