VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a movie that is in h.264 / mp4 format. I'm trying to edit out the credits but when I do the resulting file is out of sync. Im not looking to change the codec or anything of the movie, just want to remove the credits

I have Video set to Copy. Audio set to Copy. changed the format to .mp4, or should i leave it at .avi?

Also i get this message when i load the video, should i hit Yes or No?

Quote Quote  
  2. yes use that mode, leave the format mp4

You can't cut with frame accuracy, you need to cut on I-frames only . If you don't you can get errors

(you have to navigate with "<<" and ">>" buttons at the bottom)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Then use the "shift" option under the audio box. 1000 is a second. +/- is the direction.

If the audio de-sync is constant, this will work, but if it's on a curve, you'll have to render the audio out to Wav or PCM first.
    Quote Quote  
  4. sorry, how do i actually cut the scene? What i usually do is go to the beginning of the scene i want cut, press A (the buttom to the right of ''>>", then go to the end of the scene, press B. Then Edit-->Delete, then save it
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    There are very few good mp4 h264 editors. Maybe try videoredo tvsuite. Not free though.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Jmart285 View Post
    sorry, how do i actually cut the scene? What i usually do is go to the beginning of the scene i want cut, press A (the buttom to the right of ''>>", then go to the end of the scene, press B. Then Edit-->Delete, then save it
    do the same thing, except you have to push "<<" or ">>" to advance to the closest I-frame (not frame accurate) , and then push A to mark in point , then go the the end point, push ">>" or "<<" and push B to mark out point
    Quote Quote  
  7. yea im still getting out of sync audio
    Quote Quote  
  8. ok i think the audi might be on curve how do to render the audio out to Wav or PCM first?
    Last edited by Jmart285; 18th May 2011 at 08:22.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Jmart285 View Post
    ok i think the audi might be on curve how do to render the audio out to Wav or PCM first?
    Start with the original file. Leave the video on copy. Set the audio to PCM. Make a new mux. Then try your edits.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Omg, thank you it worked
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    It really is amazing how many times audio is the culprit of a "video problem".
    Quote Quote  
  12. edit:

is there a way to do this without changing the codec of the file?
    Last edited by Jmart285; 18th May 2011 at 12:06.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    When you finish your edit, mux it to whatever you want, keeping in mind that certain ones don't mix. Mux it back to whatever it was before. The repair has already been made.

Use CBR encoding, VBR can cause this kind of stuff.
    Last edited by budwzr; 18th May 2011 at 12:18.
    Quote Quote  
  14. So now avidemux is saying that it cant Open the file that was edited.
    Quote Quote  
  15. how do i CBR encode it?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Did you save it as an AVI?
    Quote Quote  
  17. no saved it as mp4. i might have found a solution tho, http://www.avs4you.com/AVS-Video-ReMaker.aspx
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Jmart285 View Post
    no saved it as mp4. i might have found a solution tho, http://www.avs4you.com/AVS-Video-ReMaker.aspx
    You're supposed to save it as AVI, then re-open it, do your editing, then save as H.264/AAC mp4.

Well anyway, good luck

Peace, out
    Quote Quote