Hi all, has anyone already done the multi region hack for the Samsung HT-D550?
I have tried the method for the HT-C550, but no success ... And the region hack for BD5550 didn't work as well...
Mine is region 1.
In the version page of the DVD it shows as a HTD-D550, but in the box is a HT-D550.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
Maybe you'll get lucky and get some help, but the odds are that you'll never be able to unlock it.
1) Samsung and Sony make the most difficult to unlock DVD and BluRay players in the world. And the situation is at it's worst in the USA and Canada where I've only heard of ONE Samsung player that MIGHT be able to be unlocked - and it wasn't your model.
2) Due to hardware differences unlock codes may only work on models sold in other parts of the world such as Australia. Or the code may have worked at one time but due to hardware changes during production (this happens more than you might think) the code no longer works on your model because the hardware is different from the one it worked on in the past.
3) If "HT" means Home Theater you should be aware that speciality type players such as home theater systems and combo players (DVD/VHS, DVD/TV, etc.) have always been extraordinarily difficult to unlock with most never being able to be unlocked.
Due note that sometimes requests like your do eventually get a response with a code that does work but it can take months for that to happen. I don't want to give you false hope as with Samsung most likely you are screwed but be sure that your profile is set up for you to get email if anyone ever posts to this thread as maybe you'll get a code that works.
Wow, that's a fast answer!! Thank you very much!
Yes, the HT stands for Home Theater, I wanted do unlock, but is not that much necessary, because, I am using it to amplify the sound of the TV (samsung model C630).
But is always good to have a unlocked DVD.
Again, thank you!
Turn unit ON (make sure there is No disc inserted)
WaIt for No DISC on the display
Press and hold PLAY and FWD for 5 seconds
Press REPEAT 76884 (or your region code)
region number will appear on the top right
Press 9 for region free
Turn unit off, then on again.
1 – 2 9 3 3 4
2 – 5 7 5 3 8
3 – 5 6 7 3 2
4 – 7 6 8 8 4
5 – 5 3 8 1 4
6 – 2 4 4 6 2
Dear internet person who finds this thread via a search....
I remain deeply suspicious of people who join us years after "How do I unlock...?" threads start to suddenly magically have the answer. Follow the instructions above at your own risk.
Do note that any of the following could be true.
1) The instructions may work.
2) They may work, but only on models with specific firmware.
3) They may work, but only on models sold in specific countries and NOT on models sold in different countries. This happens more than you might think.
4) It may just be a waste of time and do nothing - ie. the poster is deliberately pranking you.
5) It may brick your player to do the above.
In general, it remains as essentially impossible as it was years ago to unlock Samsung players of all types.