VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am planning to host a streaming website with exceptionally high quality movie clips. If I want to achieve the quality delivered by www.crackle.com or netflix.com:
    - What best format should my source files be ?
    - What encoders do I use to retain the best quality and reasonable size
    - Encoding formats so that I can stream across TV, Gaming Console, IPhone, Ipad
    - Name few encoding services that are out there with good quality and reasonable costs

Appreciate your feedback,
    Martin
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by videohelpnewbie View Post
    - What best format should my source files be ?
    How did you get this gig?

Assuming you have legal rights, the best you can get. Go for the digital intermediate.

- What encoders do I use to retain the best quality and reasonable size
    h.264 or better Microsoft Silverlight

- Encoding formats so that I can stream across TV, Gaming Console, IPhone, Ipad
    Follow Netflix. Silverlight works well. You will need custom encodes for each platform.

- Name few encoding services that are out there with good quality and reasonable costs
    You said above you have a relationship with Crackle and somehow Netflix.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    how much upload bandwidth do you have? every individual "good" HD video upload to a viewer will cost you at least 5/mbps constant stream. hope you are not trying to be some crappy cable isp user host.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  4. @edDV - Thanks. We are planning to buy the rights.

Well I do not have any relationship with them. I just admire the quality they provide.
    Currently I am trying to shop for good encoding services. Not sure if web encoders like heywatch, zencoder,etc can provide these qualities.
    Quote Quote  
  5. @aedipuss - We are planning to start with 2MBPS (due to high costs), which should be sufficient for good SD quality video streaming.
    Quote Quote