VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I need help!!!

I have several MKV files which I have had to stretch the audio for (using MKVMerge) in order for them to play in sync.

I am trying to convert these files into an MP4 container for play back on the PS3 but whatever programme I use, whether it be Megui, Yamb, Xvid4PSP or any other, the MP4 file comes out completely ignoring the audio stretch and the resulting MP4 gets progressively out of sync.

Is there a way I can preserve the audio stretch from MKVMerge when converting to MP4 or is there an MP4 equivolent of MKVMerge which can do the same job?

ps. I need GUI's only as im not very tech savvy.
    Thanks for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have found a solution. For anyone having a similar problem, simply run the audio stretched MKV through FFRebuilder which can be found in Xvid4PSP. Works a charm.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for posting your solution!
    Quote Quote  
  4. I hadn't come across this problem previously, despite having worked with .mkv and mp4 files for years.
    That was before this week!
    I don't profess to know everything about video and audio files, every time I come across another problem reinforces that. So why complicate things by having variables? I'm sure there are very good reasons so we won't dwell on that, but when it comes to something as (seemingly) simple as changing the container, those reasons pale as you seek a solution.
    That solution for me – a big fan of batch files – turned out to be running the file through ffmpeg.
    A simple in (.mkv) and out (.mp4) batch file did the job and after a few tweaks (to include both 6 and 2 channel audio streams) I’m sorted.
    Quote Quote