VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok some advice please. I have 3 external burners, with different dvd burner manufacture, Sony,Pioneer,Samsung, plus tow internal dvd bruners, Pioneer, Samsung. I also use Imgburn when i record. Now here is my problem, when i place dvd blanks 8X Taiyo Yuden in each burner and burn different movies(mostly presentations and home movies), the recording write speed is 1.6kb/s to 2.3 kb/s. My desktop is an Alienware Aurora with Velociraptors 300GB 10k, Windows Ultimate 64bit. Is there any way i can record and keep the burning speeds at at least 8x each. If i buy a tower to add these external burners, can i then burn at 8X on each burner or is this impossible. Thanks all.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ask yourself what is faster.

5 * 1.6 or 1 * 10.5 ?

These are the speeds that you get in a crazy attempt to do the impossible against what you could achieve by just burning a single disk.

It is impossible since the HDD cannot shift enough data quick enough to allow the disks to be written. You do not read of multiple drives at the same time. What makes you think you can write to them ?

A new tower will not help. You can get a disk duplicator but even that is intended for multiple copies of the SAME source and not different ones.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you i wanted to make sure, thanks for the quick reply.
    Quote Quote