VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    D-VHS MPEG2 Transport Stream Capture v0.3.0.6 Problem
    I've got the above software and it captures shows that have been recorded in HD through firewire from my HD DVR from Verizon FIOS. I can view those shows with no problem using any of my video players (Nero, realplayer, microsoft). But through the same setup, it won't let me view any shows that were not originally recorded on HD (i.e. those shows that weren't originally broadcast in HD onto my DVR). It creates a .mpg file but I just can't view it.

thank you for your thoughts on this,
    Eddie
    Quote Quote  
  2. Describe in more detail exactly how these movies that do NOT play were captured.

What is the size of the MPG file? Have you tried to open it in Vdub?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The tab labled "Data Info" which displays the frame rate, the bit rate, the size and so forth doesn't populate when I press record on the SD movies. I've tried different settings under the settings tab and then i simply start the capturing process by clicking on Rec.. So after I click on Rec., it actually creates an *.mpg file but I can't play that file. I'm begining to wonder if maybe only HD movies come through the firewire while SD movies don't.

The size of the MPG file is anywhere from 8Mb to 1.5Gb because I've tried multiple times.

I haven't tried Vdub? but I think I need to figure out how to get the SD movies to populate the "Data Info" tab.

Also, what settings should I check off under the "Settings" tab if I want the most recognizable mpg format. I don't want to burn blue ray nor HD. I just want to burn regular DVD's
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by eddiegnz1 View Post
    The tab labled "Data Info" which displays the frame rate, the bit rate, the size and so forth doesn't populate when I press record on the SD movies. I've tried different settings under the settings tab and then i simply start the capturing process by clicking on Rec.. So after I click on Rec., it actually creates an *.mpg file but I can't play that file. I'm begining to wonder if maybe only HD movies come through the firewire while SD movies don't.

The size of the MPG file is anywhere from 8Mb to 1.5Gb because I've tried multiple times.

I haven't tried Vdub? but I think I need to figure out how to get the SD movies to populate the "Data Info" tab.

Also, what settings should I check off under the "Settings" tab if I want the most recognizable mpg format. I don't want to burn blue ray nor HD. I just want to burn regular DVD's
    Why are you posting this multiple times?
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/334817-Recording-From-HD-DVR-to-PC
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The channels that don't work are likely flagged as Copy Once or Copy Never.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copy_Control_Information
    Quote Quote