VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. basically i installed AVStoDVD, VirtualDub, ffdshow, and WinDV, and VLC Media Player stopped playing back my DV video's which i captured from a MiniDV camcorder. It playes back the audio, but the video is blank. DV video plays back fine in Windows Media Player though.

the thing is, i figured out how to fix this by tweaking some setting somewhere (maybe in ffdshow, maybe somewhere else) and DV video was able to play in VLC again, but that was many months ago, and i forgot what setting that was lol. if i remember correctly, then i had to disable that setting again in order for AVStoDVD or VirtualDub, or WinDV to work again or something. so basically i had to keep disabling and enabling that setting for things to work... now i forgot what that setting was!

anyone have any ideas? i'm on vista still.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    VLC has built in decoders and does not use ffdshow. It must be something else. Probably video overlay/hardware acceleration when the video is black/blank.
    Quote Quote  
  3. what do i do though? sorry im a total noob.
    Quote Quote  
  4. nevermind... i figured it out. video didnt play cause i had put the Yadif (2x) deinterlacing to automatically start.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    . Thanks for posting your solution. It might help others that searches for this.
    Quote Quote