VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When I click on desktop icon or on SVCD2DVD.exe, I get a logo splash screen for a second, which then goes away and then nothing. I have had this problem before, solved it somehow, but I can't remember how. Probably, just redownloaded it.

I have gone back to badgerit and redownloaded the program ["repaired 2.5" successfully], but it makes no difference.

I have had to rebuild this OS HD [C:] from backups. THis is the first time I"ve tried to run it since then.

I do not have the same problem w VOB2mpg - it works every time.

Why won't it run?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Go into the BadgerIT folder and run the demo version, go thru the registration again (the reg details should be stored) and it should then run ok ...its worked for me a few times like that using win 7 pro 64bit
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thx.

I deleted 2.5 and reinstalled it and re-registered it and of course, it works again. I tried to post this "I figured it out" but the system wouldn't let me 'reply'.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just had the same problem - splash screen and then nothing.

IMO what is causing this is hardware reconfiguration, i.e. changing hardware. I have just replaced one of my HDDs and one of my DVD drives.

When I ran the demo version I was asked if I wanted to generate a new machine code (or something similar), clicked "yes" and it went through the registration process and then asked me if i wanted to open the registered version. Now all is back to normal.

I am sure that chrissyboy can confirm or not but it seems to me that if you get this problem it is because your hardware configuration has changed so you need to let SVCD2DVD "call home" and all is fixed.

Like keefytee I am also running Win7 64-bit.

@chrissyboy - still appreciating your work, mate. After all this time I still haven't found a better prog. Any new version on the horizon, i.e. better sub support?
    Quote Quote