VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I prefer srt subs for all my BRs converted to MKV. My Media players allow me to resize them down and relocate them to suite my TVs. I have used a number of programs to make the conversion. Actually, I've pretty much used everything suggested on this site. Suprip,SubtitleEdit( requires a conversion of the SUP to Idx/sub first but it works) and one or two others that seemed to work even worse.

What I'm getting at is DVDSubtitleEdit always works and it works better and much quicker than anything else. Problem is it only works with DVD subtitles. It never took any training and it hardly ever gets a word wrong. So, I was wondering if there was a way to convert a BRSup to something that DVDSubtitleEdit can work with.

Tony
    Quote Quote  
  2. I think you are referring to DVDSubEdit. The "trick" I've found is loading the PGS subtitle into BDSup2Sub. Change the resolution to 720x480 NTSC and export as .sup/.ifo. Load the .sup and .ifo into DVDSubEdit and do the automatic OCR and save to .srt. It works for me over 90% of the time. I search the .srt output for the underscore character '_' because if there are OCR failures in this app it usually shows up as "*&_t__a_" type of line. There's almost always at least one underscore.

If you don't find any '_' then the conversion went clean. If you do the choices are edit manually or go back to BDSup2Sub and export as idx/sub.

btw I only do English subs. Don't have a clue how well this technique works with other languages.

http://milesaheadsoftware.org/
    Fully enabled freeware for Windows PCs.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You're right about my use of the name. I do mean DVDSubEdit .Sorry about that. For all the times that I've used BDSuptoSub I never noticed that it had the ability to convert to Ifo sup as well as idx /sub.

as I mentioned I have used BDsup2Sub many times to convert the BDsup to IDX/sub because my players will play them as well as srt and I have also used the idx/subs for insertion into subtitleEdit. I just never noticed that it would also export as ifo/sup. totally my fault for not noticing.

Your right DvdSubEdit does do the job better than anything else.
    So, thank you very much.

Tony
    Quote Quote