VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to edit videos in windows live movie maker but when I open videos in it, the tray icons for ffdshow video decoder and haali splitter show up multiple times (see screenshot below). It doesn't do this when I play movies with mpc-hc or xbmc. My decoders are actually set up properly as far I know.
    Movie maker sometimes loads the coreavc codec and haali splitter icons multiple times in the system tray as well...depending on the kind of video file.

I'm still able to work with the program but it crashes sometimes and performance is slow sometimes.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Looks like it's opening the file three times, one for each view.
    The icons just alert you to this.

I doubt there is anything you can do about it. But look through the program options. Maybe you can turn off unneeded previews.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hopefully there's no issue with the codecs then. Still not sure why it crashes so much, though.

I looked through the options and there was nothing.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Halli, CoreAVC, and ffdshow are working as intended. Each instance creates an icon in the Tray. Crashing is another issue. It could be from corrupt video files, outdated codecs, CPU over heating, bugs in WMM, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Halli, CoreAVC, and ffdshow are working as intended. Each instance creates an icon in the Tray. Crashing is another issue. It could be from corrupt video files, outdated codecs, CPU over heating, bugs in WMM, etc.
    Ok, well great to know the multiple icons in the tray is normal. The crashing is an issue. It could be due to overheating as I use it on a laptop. and it's had overheating issues before. could be software too I guess, as you said.
    Quote Quote