VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have struggled for a week attempting to download some flash audio from a website.

It seems to be a .SWF that I see when I do page source, but, I cannot figure out how to get this file to my computer....

When I right click the SWF file there are no options for saving the file, only saving the link. I've tried flash downloaders with no success.

Here is the link

http://cache.reverbnation.com/widgets/swf/18/facebook_widget.swf?id=artist_353023&deep...=audio.8344909

Can this be captured or downloaded? Optimally I would like to have as an MP3 file, but any format will do as long as I can get it.

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. These are progressive downloads - they are automatically downloaded to your browser's temporary internet files directory if you let it finish (the grey seek bar finishes to the end)

It will have an .ocx extension, just rename it to .mp3
    Quote Quote  
  3. Still having a problem...I do not see any files named .oxc in temp internet file folder...I checked Chrome and Firefox temp cache and this is what I see

Please advise.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 1.jpg
Views:	574
Size:	177.8 KB
ID:	6762  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    another option is to do realtime audio recording. Use something like audacity and record to a file while it is playing. Just make sure you don't click on other stuff while recording if you have sound effects on your actions like opening windows and stuff. It will be the "what u hear" option to record if you use windows - which by the look of your screenshot I assume you do.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hey folks, finally got it to work....used GoFlash in conjunction with Firefox and that did the trick...thats for the help..
    Quote Quote