VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello everyone,

So I am trying to take a avi movie that only has a mono audio track and copy the audio track to make a left and right channel then burn to a DVD to give to a friend. I was able to get the audio out as a wav file then with audacity create a stereo wav. I tried to use Avi2DVD to to create a file that could be burned to a DVD but had a lot of technical difficulties (I thought that I would get an iso file that I could just burn, but never seems to finish working on the file). I then tried DVD Flick and got the avi file (just mono audio as I could not specify which track to use when creating the DVD) into the typical VOB format with the Aduio-TS and Video-TS folder structure. When I tried to burn to a single layer DVD it is too big by about 200mb. So Close!

Since I can get the audio to stereo, I think I need help remuxing the stereo audio track with the video portion and I need some way to make it just a little smaller so it will fit onto a single layer DVD. The movie is only 1 hr 30 min and in standard def. This is only for a one time thing so I really want to use free software if possible. I am using a windows 7 x64 machine.

Thanks
    Steve
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    WHY MAKE A STEREO TRACK?

Seriously, if your source ALREADY is mono, and DVD supports mono, and the AC3 bitrate need only be 1/2 as big as normal for the same quality as your dual-mono, you will have saved a bunch right there - maybe even 200MB worth...

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Scott. So sure I can leave it as mono, but it still does not fit on a DVD. Any ideas for this?
    Steve
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If all else fails:
    after authoring, use dvdshrink.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks LJB for the advice. Will dvdschrink work with windows 7 x64 systems?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not sure.
    There is one way to find out.............
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does on mine.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sweet. Thanks.
    Quote Quote