VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Any suggestions as to a good Blu Ray Ripper-paying for it is not an issue.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    DVDFab HD Decrypter or AnyDVD HD are your only choices. Anything else better be free or you've thrown your money away. I'm using AnyDVD HD and it works fine. I decided to go with it because I read that DVDFab is bad to nickel and dime you to death (Oh, you need feature X now... yeah, you'll have to pay extra for that...) and AnyDVD HD doesn't do that.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ANYDVD HD is the way to go as already suggested.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have AnyDVDHD but, how do I use it to rip. It seems to remove copy protection-beyond that I don't know. Any tutorial on how to do it?. It must require additional software to produce a BDMV folder ready to burn. What we need here is CloneBD, which they are working on. I hope it comes out soon!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are you sure its the hd version? You should get the full disc on your harddrive.

Right click on the slyfox icon on the taskbar and select rip disc. Then select the drive its in and select copy dvd (yeah I know it should say bluray but trust me it will work). Then it will take up to an hour or so depending on how full the disc is and how fast your bluray drive is.

Then you'll have a folder with a bdmv folder in it that has the m2ts files in it.

If you are talking about shrinking from the disc itself I wouldn't recommend that for a bluray. The files are huge and would take awhile to convert even on a fast computer. Its best in my opinion to rip first than convert.

But yes it would do the same for bluray as dvd in it removes copy protection behind the scenes so it can be accessed as if it were an unprotected disc.

Bdrebuilder would be something to look into for conversion software. Or multiavchd also.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pepegot1 View Post
    I have AnyDVDHD but, how do I use it to rip. It seems to remove copy protection-beyond that I don't know.
    When a AnyDVDHD is either not installed or disabled, you can probably see the contents in windows explorer or possibly even play a typical blu-ray movie disc with a properly-configured PowerDVD, but that's it. You will not be able to drag the files (in the BDMV folder, etc.) from the disc to another location on some HDD in your PC.
    When AnyDVDHD is installed and enabled, it creates a layer between the disc and Windows, removing copy-protection, region code, etc. As a sign it has successfully removed these, you can see that some folders in the blu-ray structure has changed (AACS becomes ANY!, etc). Most importantly, you can now drag these hapless unencrypted files to any other folder on your HDD and subject them to untold changes and pleasurable damages using some of the tools in the tool section of videohelp.com. You can now create ISOs (to burn into a BD-R), edit the contents of the BDMV, etc.
    "Rip", strictly speaking, merely means to DECRYPT a set of files or folders and put them in a specified location unencumbered, ready for your special processing. It's meaning DOESN'T include re-encoding (the contents of the /STREAM folder, for example to reduce the size of the resulting ISO to that which can be accomodated by a single-layer 25GB BD-R), or even creating the final ISO or blu-ray folder. By this definition of "rip", then AnyDVDHD is ripping personified: every time AnyDVDHD is used, you ARE ripping the contents of that movie BD on your drive, rendering the question "how do I use it to rip?" pointless.
    After the files are on your HDD, AnyDVDHD has just about done its job (which is probably the most difficult in the chain towards the holy grail of making a copy of that movie BD) and the next steps are up to you.
    It may be tempting to imagine AnyDVDHD to be like DVDDecrypter (which, in its last form, did "rip", as well as make a final DVD ISO or folder) but it's not. The progenitors of AnyDVDHD could very well have included re-encoding functions in it, BD folder or ISO creation and all that, all with a view to making a copy of that movie BD (like what Nero Recode or half of DVDDecrypter does to DVDs) but they chose not to, probably so as not to be seen actually promoting the idea of BD copy parties
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote