VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi again,
    The subject line pretty much says it all. I'd like to use DGIndex to convert my VOBs to ".d2v"s. However, I'd like to know which is the "best" deinterlacing filter to use when doing so. Again, like the title line says, what is the general consensus on the matter?
    Thank you,
    Justin
    Last edited by takearushfan; 27th Apr 2011 at 20:03. Reason: Typo
    Quote Quote  
  2. QTGMC

plenty of options & configurability - faster or slower settings, accessory functions
    Quote Quote  
  3. That's if they really need deinterlacing (shot using interlaced video cameras). If they're from film, either a Force Film in DGIndex (if appropriate) or an IVTC will produce better and quicker results.

I'd like to use DGIndex to convert my VOBs to ".d2v"s.
    Of course DGIndex doesn't convert anything. It indexes the VOB files and creates a D2V Project File that then allows you to frameserve the video into your encoder using an Avisynth script. And some programs allow for the use of the D2V directly.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I've gotten great results from QTGMC for deinterlacing, per PDR's recommendation, and great results with TFM for IVTC, per manono's recommendation. Definitely first see what type of video you are working with and then decide what method to use (Force Film, IVTC, or deinterlace).
    Quote Quote  
  5. And if it's a PAL source with out-of-phase fields (each video frame consists of fields from adjacent film frames rather than both from the same film frame) a simple TFM() works well.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nah, it's NTSC. I didn't mean to use "convert" incorrectly. It's just one of those things where you don't quite place the proper word so you generalize instead. I guess I basically meant more like "step".
    Quote Quote