VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Flames of Prominence Crimson's Avatar
    Search PM
    I tried fraps, snagit and few other programs, but they can only record umcompressed videos (AVI format).

I'd like to know only that can make already compressed videos, since my HD has few space left, I'm unable to record long videos properly.
    Quote Quote  
  2. camstudio, camtasia allow you to choose different compression formats for recording
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You may be able to do more compressed videos on the fly if you have a very fast computer and the screen capture program has that option. Compressing on the fly takes a lot of computer power, that's why they use low compression codecs with those type of screen capture programs.

Uncompressed would be quite a bit larger than the codec used with FRAPS. It does compress the video.

But with screen capture programs, you are pretty much stuck with what settings they have. With FRAPS, you can select 'half size', which will make the file smaller.

If you don't have a very fast computer, then you need more hard drive space, which is cheaper than a new computer.
    Quote Quote