VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does anyone know anything about "Blu Cloner" software: http://www.blu-ray-soft.com/blu-ray-review/blu-ray-copy-review/blue-cloner-review.html
    It seems to do for Blu Ray what DVD Shrink does for DVD's. I have never seen mention of it in this forum, and so I ask because it could be junk or a God sent.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'd recommend using the free version of dvdfab that I believe does bluray ripping just not with the latest updates (in other words a new release on a tuesday would not be immediately available to rip with the free version if it has new protection schemes). At least that is how the dvd ripping part of dvdfab works. I have never used it for bluray ripping so I don't know if its bluray ripping has a delayed free functionality also.

Personally I use anydvdhd for ripping - payware - and its updated regularly.

--------------

Regarding shrinking of blurays - bdrebuilder is often mentioned here. I would look into that program for shrinking blurays.

Multiavchd can also produce bluray discs and I assume it has a shrinking function - at least it has a transcode to fit to disc for avchd creation and it does create bluray discs so I assume it has the bluray shrinking function. It can also create avchd discs that are a "bluray lite" mode that can be burnt on to dvdr if that is something you are looking into.

On a related note you can also use ripbot264 for creating h264 mkv files for media players from your bluray rips.

These are programs that are readily mentioned and reviewed on this website for bluray material. Avchdcoder is another one. I have only used it briefly and only know that it makes avchds, I don't know if it has any other functionality.

-------------

I"m not saying this blu cloner might not be good software but if it hasn't been reviewed on this website it is probably cobbled together freeware components or just mediocre programming at best. I would look at some of the programs I've listed above to see if any might meet your needs - they also have reviews on this site for you to make your decisions.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. The screenshot of it looks, I dunno, garish, almost like Nero7's start smart. I know, minor point.

I'd want to see some positive reviews, from credible reviewers, before I parted with any money.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    <<I'd want to see some positive reviews, from credible reviewers, before I parted with any money.>>

That's exactly my point. It seems too good to be true. They have a download but, there is no mention of its limitations. It would be great if something like this worked in conjunction with ANYDVDHD. That's why I posed this question here, where experienced users reside. When I get my new Sandy Bridge, I will get it a try-the download that is. If it works, it's well worth the price.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pepegot1
    If it works, it's well worth the price.
    I still wouldn't get your hopes up for a piece of software not mentioned here. I would check out bdrebuilder before spending any money.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I'd be afraid to try it at all. I only trust DVDFab and AnyDVD for BluRay ripping. As far as I'm concerned without a lot of evidence to the contrary, anything else is just probably malware. I understand wanting to save money but that isn't that much of a bargain over software we know that works and we don't have to worry about being malware.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That's why I made this post, because I am weary of it too. What we really need is a user friendly Blu Ray version of DVD Shrink. There is certainly a market for it! One that works with AnyDVDHD is what we need.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pepegot1 View Post
    That's why I made this post, because I am weary of it too. What we really need is a user friendly Blu Ray version of DVD Shrink. There is certainly a market for it! One that works with AnyDVDHD is what we need.
    I hate to keep mentioning it but that is essentially what bdrebuilder IS.

edit - this is the description from the videohelp tools section for bdrebuilder:

BDRebuilder is a software to shrink a Blu-ray with all menus and extras using the x264 Encoder(H264 video). Backup Blu-ray to a DVDR(also called BD5 and BD9) or a BDR. Remove unwanted audio tracks, extra material or just keep the main movie. Backup Blu-ray to a single MP4 file(profiles for iPad and iPod) or a MKV file. Requires ffdshow, Haali Media Splitter and avisynth. This is NOT a decrypter, use AnyDVD for Blu-ray decryption.
    Quote Quote  
  9. DVDShrink has an editing capability (crude as it is), which BDRB doesn't have. Also a preview pane. Otherwise not *too* dissimilar, but really BDRB is very much like DVDRebuilder, if you've ever used that. Same author too.

I don't think I'd want to have my BD drive grinding away for hours while BDRB re-encodes. I just rip the disc first unless I'm extracting main movie with Clown_BD, or movie with just the top menu with Clown BD BD Copier (that one does have a preview). All free.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote