VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, I have recently copied a VHS tape to DVD format on Ulead Video Studio SE. I am really happy with the way it has turned out but I just noticed that the video itself is 5 seconds in front of the sound. What could I possibly do to fix this? I appreciate all messages from anyone that can help me. I also hope this is enough information.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can try this - may not be available for the SE version.

1. Load video
    2. Switch to 'Timeline view' - 2nd icon on left above video track
    3. Right-click on video track and select 'Split audio'
    4. You will now have both a video track and an audio track in view

The video and audio tracks can now be individually moved in the time-line to correct the audio-sync.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, thanks for your help but while I play the video in edit the sound is perfectly in sync it is only when I create the video file in DVD format it is out of sync by 5 seconds. If I was to move the sound in edit say 5 seconds in front of the video that might fix it but does that mean i would have to encode the video in to DVD format again and wait for 2 hours for it to finish again?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    sorry bit of a newbie to the whole video studio malarkey :/
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Less likely you will get audio split if you capture first to DV format, then encode for DVD MPeg2 as a second export step. Downside is more temporary disk space will be used at a rate of 13GB/hr. End result will be the same size.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Expanding on what my friend above states, I would ask in what format was the audio in the original capture and the audio format of the DVD.

This sounds(no pun intended) of one compressed format being converted to another ie mp3 to ac3.

If DV is not an option then I would suggest you capture the audio at LPCM(uncompressed) and let the program do any conversion from there. Even better to leave the audio at LPCM.
    Quote Quote