VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey,

I'm trying to burn a project to Blu-ray in Adobe Encore CS4. It's rendered out from Premiere Pro CS4 to 2 seperat files for sound and video.

No matter if I render to H264 or Mpeg2, Encore (and the pc) crashes, when I try to import them to the program.
    The only option I have is to hardware-reset the machine to move on.

I have reinstalled Encore a few times and I have the newest update for the program.

Is this a known issue and does anyone know how to solve it?
    - Import of dvd files works perfectly..

Kent.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you can burn bluray with imgburn.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Don't know the answer to your question but have you tried to Adobe Dynamic Link? If not, see if that works.

Brainiac
    Quote Quote  
  4. This will fix your problem... http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/kb/GeneralInformation/000070GN&PARAMS=

I didn't believe it, but it works.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ogden View Post
    this will fix your problem... http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?url=/content/kb/generalinformation/000070gn&params=

i didn't believe it, but it works.

thank me if does not use today.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by helionfilm View Post
    Hey,

I'm trying to burn a project to Blu-ray in Adobe Encore CS4. It's rendered out from Premiere Pro CS4 to 2 seperat files for sound and video.

No matter if I render to H264 or Mpeg2, Encore (and the pc) crashes, when I try to import them to the program.
    The only option I have is to hardware-reset the machine to move on.

I have reinstalled Encore a few times and I have the newest update for the program.

Is this a known issue and does anyone know how to solve it?
    - Import of dvd files works perfectly..

Kent.
    If DVD MPEG2 files import properly then it would seem encore is okay.
    The next thing I will do is verify if the files premiere are producing are not corrupt, are blu-ray compliant, and are playable (by testing with vlc, for example). Use MediaInfo to post file details here. I always try to put premiere and encore project files in a separate drive from the system drive. I also start them in the administrator mode (not doing so may or may not prevent access to some unique codec required). I have never used adobe media encoder (ame) to export files from premiere because of quality and other issues, using x264 for MPEG4 and CCe basic and HCenc for MPEG2 instead. To use these, you should install a frameserver (such as debugmode frameserver) in premiere, which creates a signpost *.avi in export, which you then include in an avisynth script to use as input (of course you have to install avisynth first as well).
    Even if you use the blu-ray template with ame, you don't know if open GOPs are enabled or not. Encore is known to either be very slow or crash if presented with open GOP files when importing. When using x264 (with an appropriate GUI, such as simple x264 launcher), you can include the arguments taken from http://www.x264bluray.com/ to produce blu-ray compliant files. Note that in the samples given, the argument --open-gop is present (enabled), so merely deleting it to create close GOP files can make encore happy.
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote