VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I have these mkv files and I want to import into Vegas but it keeps displaying "None of the files dropped on Vegas Pro could be opened." So is this a problem with codec missing in Vegas 'cause I can play those files fine in MPC, thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    MKV is not an editable format, and most editors are not going to load and work with MKV files. You could try using something like AVI Demux or Xmedia Recode to re-package the contents (audio and video) into an MP4 or M2TS container and trying loading those instead. Use the Copy mode in either tool to avoid re-encoding, and the process should only take a couple of minutes. If you choose Xmedia Recode then I would recommend going back a couple of versions to find one that re-packages AC3 into an MP4 container properly. This one is the one that works for me. Be aware that most mkv files are already heavily compressed, and after editing with Vegas you will have to re-encode them yet again.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the info, I just found these 2 in videohelp (tsMuxeR and mkvavi2mp4) and testing, hope the quality will stay the same, but thanks anyway guns1inger for your quick response.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You don't have to demux you can use DGIndexNv GPU version (not free) it use the graphic card to decode AVC (Nvidia cards mainly i think) in .ts .m2ts, mkv (etc...). Problem is i have it installed but it don't work with my own made mkv's .I have tried with another one (movie downloaded on the net and it work, 100% sure)

After that you make an avisynth script and import it in SonyVegas by doing a pseudo .avi (very small) with AVS2Avi, google all that.

The script goes like this:
    DGMultiSource("C:\MyVideo.dgi",i420=true,deinterla ce=0,use_top_field=true,use_pf=false)

Check the manual for more details
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote