VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello everyone.

I've been using Handbrake, with no problems or complaints. In the past, I've used XMedia Recode, as well.

I have a question about XMedia Recode, if anyone is familiar with that program.

With Handbrake, you can set a desired file size for an MKV or MP4 file.

I was wondering if you can adjust the file size with XMedia Recode. Does anyone know?

And while it's on my mind...in addition to Handbrake, if XMedia Recode does not, are there any OTHER similar programs that convert movies, AND lets you embed (hard-code) subtitles into the converted file, AND lets you customize the output file size?

Thank you!

Jd
    Last edited by jdanniel; 20th Apr 2011 at 16:07. Reason: Added a question I forgot to include originally.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Change the video and audio bitrate in xmedia recode to change the output size. You can use a bitrate calculator like videocalc to calculate the average bitrate you have to use.

Use Freemake Video Converter to hardcode subs.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the help.

A follow-up question:

Handbrake and XMedia Recode can use subtitles in the IFO file, and can hardcode them from that.

With Freemake, it seems it will only accept subtitle files such as SRT (unless I'm wrong about this).

Is there a way for Freemake to obtain the subtitles directly from the DVD? If so, what's the procedure?

Thanks again.
    Jd
    Quote Quote