VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, I have recently been capturing my old VHS tapes to my PC via EasyCAP using the EasyCAP USB and Ulead VideoStudio 8 Version 2.1c. I was trying to record in avi format and i only got 34 minutes in to the VHS tape when I found out that I had used all my hard drive space up witch came to 42 GB!! I know avi is a good quality format so I tried DVD format for e.g. in avi format for about 2 minutes came to 1gb while recording in DVD format for 2 minutes came to 56mb now to me that is still pretty high.. I really would appreciate any info that anyone can give me as I would really love to get some of my old memories back of my family and I don’t tend on quitting anytime soon.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Actually that 56mb for 2 mins is quite SMALL. I seem to remember that Ulead sets the original default under 4000 kbps. 8000 kbps will give you the best quality and that means 1 hour of video taking 4 gig. In your 2 minute example it would be approx 140 mb
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you hold a good point even if I store it on my external hard drive i will still have room. Thanks
    Quote Quote