VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I'm a newbie at this sort of thing so forgive any stupidities I perpetrate. I regularly download 720p mkv files, and use xenonmkv to convert them into mp4s for streaming through an xbox360. Most of the time it works fine, but quite often there is an issue with the audio being out of sync - often by up to 10 seconds. I never know what is causing this, and usually just delete the mkv and look for another. It takes so long to download things and convert them it's truly depressing when they come out unsynched in this way.

Is there a simple solution, or better still - a simple explanation???

Many thanks

henryflower
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by henryflower View Post
    Is there a simple solution, or better still - a simple explanation???

There is a terrific simple solution, but you probably won't like it if you're like most people here. You could just buy a streaming media player that can handle MKV and stop trying to use Stone Age technology with your Xbox. Both the Xbox and PS3 have been eclipsed as media playback devices for over 3 years now. You could get on with your life without doing any conversions if you had a streaming media player that supported MKV files. Western Digital and many others make such devices.

As to why this is happening, I would guess that the audio in some files has a delay associated with it that xenonmkv does not respect when it converts, so the MP4 files get created with no delay which is wrong and causes the sync problem.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    jman, that's a damn good suggestion. I might just do that, thank you.
    Quote Quote