I am tring to find an dvd/audio system that can output 2 audio languages at the same time. My wife would like for us to watch some movies with her parents who only understand Italian. I dont like to watched dubbed movies, the voices are always so diffrent and dont sync most of the time. I would like to be able to use headphones that with a selector you can select the language you want from the dvd player something like output 1 and output 2. My question is does this system already exist? If so, what is the brand/model or is there pc software that can do this? Thank you in advanced
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
There really doesn't exist the type of system you're looking for in a prepackaged form (at least YET, some things like this are in the works).
What you could do though is:
1. Use a software DVD player on a PC
2. Use a PC that has surround outputs (many have outputs for Front L+R, Rear L+R, C+Sub on headphone jacks)
3. Using a multichannel audio editor (like wavosaur), take your English track and put it on the Front channels, and your Italian track and put it on the rear channels and save as a multichannel file (WAV, AC3)
4. Remux/reauthor this track into a new/revised DVD title.
5. Plug the English listeners into the Front-channels' jack and the Italian listeners into the Back-c hannels' jack (using Y-cables if you need multiple headphones)
A similar thing could be done by putting the EN track on the left and the IT track on the right and just position speakers close to the separate listeners.
Scott"When will the rhetorical questions end?!" - George Carlin