VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Avi plays with wrong aspect ratio 4:3. GPspot states the same 4:3 (512x384) but correct seems to be 16:9 or 16:10.
    How to fix avi aspect ratio?
    I guess it's just a number in the beginning of file - is there any lossless corrector just to fix this single number without rendering whole video?
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    mpeg4modifier. But not all players will use the aspect ratio flag.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I already checked mpeg4 modifier but it fails because I have Net framework 4.0.
    Looks like mpeg4 modifier is outdated and doesn't work on contemporary system:
    "Net Framework Initialization Error" Unable to find runtime to run this application.

I have several other Net Framework applications, which work flawlessly .. like Cd Burner XP

Installing old net framework versions over new one doesn't feel secure in the sense of system stability.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can have several frameworks installed without any problems. If something requires framework 2.0 then wont it work with just framework 4.0.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yes, like Baldrick said, they DON'T interact with each other, at least AFA large version numbers. So you can have v1.1, v.2.05, v3.5, and v4.0 all on the same machine with no corruption.

However, as regards your original problem...

If it's encoded in an AVI container, your options are very limited. Since AVI doesn't really support ARs on the container level, it's up to the actual video codecs to support it: DV, Xvid/Divx, MPG does. Many others don't. Like was said before, this needs to also be supported on the decoder in the player (settop, etc). And most of those apps that DO support it set that in stone during the encode, so you can't (often) successfully change it after the fact.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks, but which of these oldies is correct to add to 4.0? 2.0, 3.0, 3.5? MS states that there is newer version already and doesn't suggest 2.0 any more.
    3.5 states that it's an update to version 2 and 3. Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you just want to watch it on the PC, open it in mpc-hc and right click, video, override aspect ratio.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by roberta View Post
    Thanks, but which of these oldies is correct to add to 4.0? 2.0, 3.0, 3.5? MS states that there is newer version already and doesn't suggest 2.0 any more.
    3.5 states that it's an update to version 2 and 3. Any ideas?
    You could try repairing .NET Framework.

See "Method 2: Repair the .NET Framework" here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100

When this has done, you can then install version 4 from here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=0A391ABD-25C1-4FC0-919F-B21F31AB88B7
    Quote Quote  
  9. I downloaded and installed .net framework 3.5 and after that

mpeg4modifier did a great job fixing aspect ratio!

Thanks to everybody!
    Quote Quote