VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've just downloaded the trail version of Pro X4, as my Ulead SE 11 isnt capturing sound and I wanted to test it on a newer version. Its succesfuly installed however everytime i try to open it , it says : "Corel Videostudio has stopped working, close the program"

It never gets past that, it doest even open. Im on windows Vista, and this is what it says when i view the problem details :

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: vstudio.exe
    Application Version: 14.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 4d242e0d
    Fault Module Name: kernel32.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18005
    Fault Module Timestamp: 49e037dd
    Exception Code: c06d007e
    Exception Offset: 0003fbae
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.2
    Locale ID: 2057
    Additional Information 1: 621e
    Additional Information 2: d1f216245fadc9207405f1e223a49506
    Additional Information 3: 4be2
    Additional Information 4: d1a9dec69af974127f93e483b9cd88bb

dont worry i turned off DEP and now it works
    Last edited by TheKillerQueen; 17th Apr 2011 at 08:52.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Thanks for posting -- I just ran into the same problem when upgrading from Corel VideoStudio X3 to X4. Tech support wasn't able to help -- "it's a Windows problem" other than to suggest that I uninstall my working Corel DVD MovieFactory 6 Plus, 7 Pro, and VS X3, run their cleaner tool to uninstall X4, redownload X4, disable all non-MS startup items & services (which disabled my BT keyborad & mouse -- nice) -- none of which allowed VS X4 to launch.

After three days of beating my head against the wall, I found your post and . . . EUREKA! Thanks so much for taking the time to post your solution -- with the exception of the OS version (I'm running Vista Ultimate SP 1) & Locale ID, my "problem signature" was the same as yours, and your solution worked for me. THANK YOU!
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have just instaled/Ulead_Videostudio 4 instead of a previous version it always stops working during the first video editing
    process .TheKillerQueen said that he ( turned off DEP ) and solved the problem .what is ( DEP) ?? and how cold I turn it off ?? Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For win7 head to control panel > system > advanced system settings > advanced tab > under performance heading click settings > data execution prevention

Choose "turn on dep" second option and add the exe of required application to the window below > apply > ok
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Go to this Corel forum: http://phpbb.ulead.com.tw/EN/index.php it's quite good.
    Quote Quote  
  6. DEP has been in Windows since XP SP2, it's to prevent malicious code from running. I've turned it off on all my PC's because my AV software does a better job and is updated daily.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875352
    Quote Quote  
  7. I followed all the mentioned instructions and turned off data execution prevention from corel video studio but still the problem is existing .I visited the corel forum site according to mr /pepegot1 advice but unfortunately i failed to receive any help perhaps because of the long and boring registering process,with due respect could some one offers me a candle accept thankful feellings .
    Quote Quote