VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Basically I would just like to know is there a way I can edit a video without having to reencode it to the same settings as before. It's kind of hard to explain, so let me just use an example. I have some x264 MKV video files of some television shows. All I'd like to do is just cut clips out of the video files, say to put on YouTube or something like that. I hve TMPGEnc which allows me to select the section of the video file I want to cut out, but then it has me go through the encoding process and gives me about 1000 different options to do. Is there a program where I can just pop the video file in, cut a clip of it out, and it automatically identify what the encoding settings were of the source and output it to the same thing so I don't lose the quality, and so I don't have to worry about if I'm using the correct encoding settings since I don't really know what I'm doing? Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Basically NO.....but it varies with all video formats. MPEG2 is easy....but when it comes to more sophisticated(for lack of a better word at 8am) like Xvid/Divx, X264, etc etc....it requires some thought and maybe some sacrifices.
    Quote Quote