VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I really need to region hack my UK Sony BDP-S760 to play region one titles.
    From browsing this site, I've learnt that I need a 'oneforall' remote.

However, I don't know which to buy and am quite strapped for cash at the moment. I need to know if I can just get ANY. From browsing ebay, I've found there are many oneforall remotes on the market and some are very cheap - exactly what I need. Cheap.

I apologise for my lack of knowledge in this area - I'm pretty stupid when it comes to this kind of thing.

Many thanks.

Sam
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You're not going to like this, but I suggest you read what I am saying and consider it very carefully.

We've had posts here before that say that just any "oneforall" remote will NOT work. You need specific recommended models to do this. Some of the remotes are missing keys which are critical to the hack and that's why you can't just use any.

You also need to understand that even if you buy the correct remote that it still may not unlock your player. BluRay players can rarely be unlocked and Sony and Samsung players of all types are among the most difficult in the world to unlock. It's also possible that Sony has made hardware changes and/or firmware changes and while any unlock instructions you found DID work in the past, they do NOT work now. I don't want to even guess as to whether the odds are or are not in your favor on this.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    That's not good. Thanks very much for your detailed explanation of what's going on, though.

Will something like this work?
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sony-DVD-Blu-ray-player-multi-region-hack-remote-/110665303085?p...item19c42a842d

If not, bad times.
    My laptop dvd player is region free, mind you. Is there anyway I can connect my laptop to my TV in a way that carries sound and the like? I've heard something about PC-to-HDMI cables to connect PCs to HD televisions.

That would be dandy, oh yes it would.
    I'd prefer to be able to view discs on my blu-ray player though.
    Quote Quote