VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Last night I set up 3 encodes overnight. When I woke up this morning I found that two of them failed during the audio encode process. All three encodes were set up the same in MeGUI.

The Error I received is this:
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

I have build 1989 for MeGUI, and when I try to use auto update it says all my files are up to date.

I have included the log as a text file. Evidently it was too long to allow me to post in the thread itself.

Any ideas why the first one worked and the next two failed? This isn't the first time this has happened either.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try updating to 2006 svn (as of today)

In the options => settings => extra config, select "development server" in the drop down menu to access it
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Ok, I'll try that when I get home.

Are there any audio codecs that will encode @ 384kbps?

I use the Nero Codec and 256k is the highest. Actually all of the codecs in MeGUI are limited to 256k, I think.
    Quote Quote  
  4. just copy the original ac3

no quality loss, no wasted time re-encoding

if you wanted to you can adjust the slider in the configuration to > 256kb/s , but I don't see why you would do that
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Hmmm. I did not know that was an option really. I'll have to figure that one out. Thanks for the idea.
    Quote Quote  
  6. original file is always an option

since your log file indicates original audio was 384kb/s AC3 , it doesn't make sense to re-encode it to some other 384kb/s format

The only reason you might do that is if your intended target or playback device doesn't support AC3 audio
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    since your log file indicates original audio was 384kb/s AC3 , it doesn't make sense to re-encode it to some other 384kb/s format
    True. I was just following the Auto Encode process in MeGUI. I'll definitely have to change that now. I believe I can use the MP4 muxer, after encoding the video.
    Quote Quote