VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. When I open MKVmergeGUI after extracting parts of the video, I open my video file. I want to put together everything else except the srt subtitle so that I can have a mkv file and the separate srt file. So, after opening the parts of the video, I click merge and it says to change the fps. That was obviously expected. But when I clicked the "format specific options" tab, everything was grayed over; the text boxes were clearly inactive. Why does this happen? By the way, if there is an easier way, like just extracting the mkv and srt instead of extracting everything and muxing everything but the srt file, please tell me, thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You must select the video track and then click format specific options.

Or use mkvextractgui2 to extract just the srt and then in mkvmergegui add the mkv, disable/unselect the srt track and make a new mkv. Be sure to disable header compression under File->Options if you want to avoid playback problems on some mediaplayers.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you so much! I understand now thanks to your super clear explanations; click on the file and then change the options. I also like the disable header compression tip! Thanks again!
    Quote Quote