VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have used my new Pavtube ByteCopy a couple of days but i cant copy some of my bluray. I get this message in view log:

Moyea Exception cod 10021008
    Msg: Cant Begin Writing
    File:\Av converter.cpp
    Line: 1807

The support from Pavtube told me to download an updated version but it is the same problem. I need help?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Use DVDFab or AnyDVDHD.
    Quote Quote  
  3. The support from Pavtube have sent the log file to the R&D but still no answer. I am very unhappy with this programme.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    If you buy anything other than AnyDVDHD or DVDFab to rip BluRay discs you have wasted your money.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Dear valued Pavtube customer,
    We are sorry you are having problems with our product. We hope to get back
    to you as soon as possible to help you with your problem. In the meantime please
    keep in mind that we have your money and you can go screw yourself.

Thank You
    The Pavtube Team
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yes, that company is in China. Just try to get your money back!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In the future, first try programs that are free. I don't know of anything the free aps can't do (I'm sure there are some) but for the most part, they seem to satisify most of us here at VH. The members here are more familiar with them so receiving help should you run into probs is available - also for free.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I have paid for this programme because

"Pavtube ByteCopy not only offers such kind of lossless BD/DVD to MKV backup with all subtitles and audio tracks preserved, but also allows for transcoding options for video, audio and subtitle streams separately".

I want to use lossles in MKK-format for my WD TV HD player. But when choose not to encode the video in Pavtube CopyByte i get the failure code. The support say that I have to choose encoding and framerate 30.000 but when I do that it takes me 12 hours to rip a BD-film. My life is to short fo this.

The support from Pavtube say that they are trying to fix this issue and soon will release a fixed version.????
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just got a new Sandy Bridge computer and have been looking into Blu Ray ripping. I got good advice from this forum and I contacted Slysoft about a CloneBD. They said they are woking on it but, gave no release date. That's the one to wait for.
    As for the new computer WOOOOOW!!!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As some people are really negative about this program and have their questions I decided as user to give my opion.
    And NO I'm in no way connected to Pavtube whatsoever, if you want to believe otherwise it's your loss.

I really like the program!
    Lossless conversion of BD (ISO or BD folder) or DVD (ISO or VIDEO_TS) to .MKV.
    For me it works flawless.
    I bought the 1.5 version and suggested some features (batch conversion and the possibility to set the source folder = save folder) which are to my surprise implemented in the following version (1.6).
    The lossless conversion speed is very fast (not really surprising), however by my knowledge there are very few programs that can do this.
    If you want to reduce size this is also possible, this is supported by CUDA but as expected takes more time than lossless conversion.
    You can even just re-encode the subtitles to a compatible "dvdsub" format or make your subs external (.srt).

In short, don't believe me, just try it yourself.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by coen99 View Post
    No.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just tried their trial version. I have been converting my Torchwood Blu-Rays, so I tried it on Torchwood - Children of Earth, Disc 2. The lossless MKV's played back very choppy. After examining the output I see the frame rate was recorded as 30.0000 instead of 29.97. I don't know what other mistakes there are in the file, but that is a rather obvious oops. I then ran the same disk through makemkv and MKV's from that program plays perfectly.

I was planning on buying PavTube Bytecopy, so I would have to run Hybrid to convert VC-1 video to h264. But if ByteCopy can't even do a lossless extract correctly, it is useless to me. I've thought about buying MakeMKV, but recently the priced raised from $50 to $80 and none of the discount code still work. At that price I'll just stick to the "free" beta license, and once they stop giving away that license key every month I'll look for something else.

Bill
    Quote Quote  
  13. From MakeMKV forum:
    As stated on a main page all features of MakeMKV are free while program is in beta. You may purchase the full activation key if you like the program and want to show your support, but you also may use the temporary beta key.

The current beta key is

T-5o_eC30IouHhhcMhc7zCTYBADWLqlYWayIs2ahFAuN8YCHEu5s qxf@mfQA96autdEw

and is valid until end of July 2014. Please check back for updated key on this page.

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by coen99 View Post
    The problem with just trying it, is you only get to try it in lossless mode with 7 discs. So you first need to pick and choice the hardest discs to encode to get any sort of fair evaluation. Many encoders have problems with VC1 video, especially if it is interlaced. So at least one BBC video in that format should be in your test set.

My current method of encoding such videos is MakeMKV -> Hybrid. Note: With Hybrid you have to manually select the Yadif - fast filter. Any of the Avisynth filters will crash it. I found RipBot264 version 1.15.0 works as well. (Later versions of RipBot264 crash when queuing these videos.) BDtoAVCDH also works for VC1 -> H264. The problem with specified version of ribbot and bdtoavcdh is they don't deinterlace, so you have to encode at insane quality so you preserve the interlacing for a next pass encoding with another program that can deinterlace. Hybrid can do the deinterlace at the same time. So you are looking at say 2 hours per TV episode, instead of 6 hours with say ribbot followed by handbrake.

The attractive thing about Bytecopy, it is could do everything at once, possibly making the whole process even faster. But if it can't do all the steps consistently correctly, it is useless. There is no point in buying a program that can do 90% of my discs if I have to buy another program to do the remaining 10% that could have done 100% of them.

Bill
    Quote Quote  
  15. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by victoire1991 View Post
    Oh, sorry, I could not help you, because I have not encountered such a problem, so I can not help you

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Why do you post then? ANother pavtube spammer?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    An issue I have personally had, on multiple times with Pavtube Bytecopy is not with Blu-Ray ripping but with DVD ripping, sure I can do what I do with MakeMKV (Initial rip) and then Format Factory (upscale) and handbrake (convert to .MP4 with H.264 video and MP3 audio) all in one go, but I always get graphical glitches and sometimes several extremely garbled frames.

I find for that purpose it is better taking more time using my tried and true combinations of MakeMKV, Format Factory & Handbrake.
    Quote Quote