VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have Camtasia 7. I will buy what is needed to finish my job, but as inexpensively as possible.

I have about 20 2-3 minute videos with "tips" for a church on reading out to chronically ill. What I want is (1) For someone to be able to put the DVD into the DVD player and have 2 options (a) to be able to watch the entire "movie" and have each section fade/transition between (b) for groups, like deacons to be able to click on "chapters" where they want to start so they could want 2 or 3 each meeting.

I need to be able to select where I want the selection/chapters to stop and start.

I've downloaded 3 trials of software and each one either does not have transitions or doesn't have a menu.

Anyone have a tip on what software would do this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

If I understand your question correctly, TMPGEnc DVD Author, or TDA, can get the job done. The menus have a PLAY button, by default, that will play the entire video.

You can split each video at the place you want your chapters to be. This, for example, will make 1 clip 2 separate clips. A thumbnail will be placed on the menu for each split as well as at the beginning of each clip (by default, each clip has a chapter point at it's beginning.) And for each clip start and each split point you can place a transition.

Hope this helps
    Brainiac

Edit: Instead of splitting, you can just move the CTI to where you want to place the chapter point and then press the chapter point button.
    Last edited by Brainiac; 13th Apr 2011 at 15:51.
    Quote Quote  
  3. If the material is DVD compliant, it would be possible to do this with GfD (with muxman as authoring engine). But of cause it would need some manual work and quite a lot of 'getting familiar' with the concept and software.
    Quote Quote