VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. More info than you need: I went to the public library catalog looking for an artist I like. I found Best Of, The Collection, Complete Hit Singles and Celebrate (2CDs). All of the songs that I like are on all four collections, and I own Celebrate. Now the problem: I am trying to make a single CD that contains the songs I like from the two CD set. I am trying to get the text to correctly identify the songs. I have tried both Nero and Media Monkey. Both make usable CDs, but the Media Monkey text identifies track one with the track two title, track two with the track three title, and so on. Every song is identified with the name of the song after it. The Nero CD was even more random. What can I use to create an audio CD from other commercial CDs that will correctly identify the tracks in the text?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    This is MUCH MUCH easier than you think.

1) Rip the CDs with something like Exact Audio Copy. Rip to uncompressed format. There are guides to using Exact Audio Copy on the internet if you can't figure it out.
    2) Use Nero Burning ROM. Do NOT use Nero Quick Start. If you do not use Nero Burning ROM then you have no hope of getting this right. Start Nero Burning ROM, choose Audio CD, and drag and drop the tracks from your rips in whatever order you like. After the tracks are added, double click on the tracks one at a time and change the name of the tracks and the artist to whatever it is. Make sure that the option to do a multisession burn is NOT checked. Burn as "disc at once" and NOT as "track at once" if given a choice. Burn the disc. It will have the CD text information available to anything that supports it on playback.

Other rippers may or may not have the correct information when ripping. If you want to use another ripper that might be able to rip to individual track names and then use those with Nero so you don't have to set them manually, that is fine, but my method will work. You just have to do it manually.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Don't know what to tell you. I've had problems, but nothing like that. Nero has always worked here. There must be something about your system that two well known apps would misbehave like that.
    Quote Quote  
  4. OK, it was my stupid mistake. Nero was making and labeling the CDs correctly, the music player I was using was reporting the information incorrectly. I tried playing some of the CDs with Media Monkey and there is no problem there at all.
    Quote Quote