VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    DVDFab HD Decrypter states that it can remove a lot of DVD protection so I downloaded it. It being free is great.

I also downloaded Free DVD (44KB only), since I used DVD Decrypter before, and I think it failed to remove region protection because the DVD backups of original Angelina Ballerina DVDs I made won't play in our Philips DVD player back home, but somehow would play in PC, laptop, and office PC. Weird.

To continue, so I used DVDFab HD Decrypter. It doesn't have any "options" or "settings" tabs, so I figured that it removed all those protection automatically.

When it finished ripping to HDD, I ran Free DVD, and lo and behold, it (Free DVD) found protection (Uoop) unremoved by DVDFab HD Decrypter. WHY!?!?!?!?!?

I just want to backup my original DVDs in such a way that they are 100% stripped of DVD protection.

I could go on to say things about how stupid regional protection is, and how it only seem to victimize legit "Original DVD" buying people, and NEVER the pirates, but that would make this thread unnecessarily long.

PS: That Philips DVD player of ours, won't play certain "Original DVDs". But how come it seems to be able to play ALL pirated DVDs? (Yeah, I used to buy pirated DVDs, and my sister still does sometimes. But now I most certainly do not. But now, I have to tackle the problem of "Original DVDs" not being able to play in certain DVD players, but could play in my PC and laptop...

...makes me want to get a regionless DVD player, which I will. (XTREAM Media Server is regionless, right?)
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by VGI View Post
    When it finished ripping to HDD, I ran Free DVD, and lo and behold, it (Free DVD) found protection (Uoop) unremoved by DVDFab HD Decrypter. WHY!?!?!?!?!?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_operation_prohibition
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Does it play the original angelina ballerinas dvds?

You could try use latest anydvd(free trial) to rip to an iso and burn see how it works. But I guess it's something else that is wrong. Maybe bad dvdr media.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Does it play the original angelina ballerinas dvds?

You could try use latest anydvd(free trial) to rip to an iso and burn see how it works. But I guess it's something else that is wrong. Maybe bad dvdr media.
    Yes, it does. And no it isn't the DVDR media. Of that I am sure.

I just want to avoid any "unexpected not able to play the DVD backup in some DVD players (such as our stupid Philips DVD player that plays pirated DVDs)" because of some region protection that certain geniuses think work so well against DVD pirates when in fact IT DOESN'T WORK AGAINST PIRACY AT ALL.

Look, I live in the Philippines. Pirated DVDs are like a tsunami here. Oversupply of pirated DVD drives prices to a stable low. And yet if you buy these pirated DVDs, and play them on branded DVD players like Sony or Philips, they play. You will never encounter any message/s telling you that you can't play the DVD because it is the wrong region. Now, I just want my backups of DVDs to be as regionless as these pirated DVDs so that when I go back home, I could watch it on any DVD player.

(I can safely say that thanks to this "region protection" crap, a lot of people who used to buy original DVDs as a matter of choice (moral or otherwise) has switched to buying pirated DVDs. That, or torrent them.)

Sorry, excuse my sarcasm. But to answer your question, yes it does play the original angelina ballerina dvds and their backup DVDs that I ripped through DVD Decypter. So long as it is my PC, laptop, or the office PC, it plays. Heck, it even plays in my mom's portable DVD player (the kind with its own small screen). It all function as regionless. But when it comes to branded DVD players like our Philips, heck don't be surprised if it tells you that you can't play it thanks to the region protection.

I don't like trialware. Hence the reason why I didn't try AnyDVD.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    "Region protection" is the FIRST to be removed by any and all respectable DVD rippers....you need to get that out of your head first. Your problem is NOT region protection. You would need to do some serious menu searching to get a ripping program to leave the region coding intact.
    That leaves few explanations.
    1) Your Philips player simply doesn't like those discs you are using.
    2) You are not burning the discs correctly. Use ImgBurn to burn your discs.
    3) It is a video format issue (PAL vs. NTSC) - region codes have NOTHING to do with video format.

A DVD ripped with an updated version of DVDFabDecrypter is it. That and AnyDVD are the most used and trusted rippers available today.
    Any problems you encounter after ripping with an updated version of DVDFabDecrypter?....go through options 1, 2 and 3 above. That's it.
    End of story.
    Quote Quote