VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys,

I was not able to finalize my dvd because I drop my camera on the floor. I tried to finalize it later but it just give me error and to pull out the disk. So I`m stuck on this. I read on forum some posts but its not very clear to me what to do. I install IsoBuster. I was able to see Session and 4 tracks. Most important track I guess is track 4 because its the biggest around 380MB. Its not very clear from what I read what to do next.

Currently I did right click on Session and give to export it to ISO but I guess there are some errors because there is red cross on tracks. Can you please help me out I no need the menu and the other stuff I only need the video somehow. Any steps?

Sorry for my bad english and for not so technical knowledge.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Its not clear to me to make it directly to ISO and then what to do with this ISO?

or

Once I start the IsoBuster it asked that there is no structure should I run this or no? Its not clear at this state to run it to make structure or to give cancel and right click on it to make it ISO?

I`m really confused about this.

I hope someone help me.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You have me a bit confused as well.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	isobuster.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	6401
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If some of the tracks are much larger than the others they probably contain the recordings you want to recover.

The free version of ISOBuster does not have all the same data recovery features included in the paid version. The paid version of ISOBuster would be easier to use.

See https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/330806-Finalised-DVD-s?p=2049248&viewfull=1#post2049248 This post outlines the basic steps for recovering recordings from an unfinalized disc with the free version.

I wrote some more detailed instructions for two of the basic steps here: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/315387-How-to-recover-a-DVD-R?p=1951584&viewfull=1#post1951584

[Edit] One thing I left out: After opening ISOBuster free a window appears that says "During mounting of the disk only a session/track layout could be found. No file-systems nor files and folders could be found. ... "Find missing files and folders""
    Click on "Cancel" then go on to extract the track data as a. tao as according to the directions given in the detailed instructions.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 7th Apr 2011 at 18:41.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I did not have luck.

1/ I install the IsoBuster and follow the steps you both gave me. Below you will find screenshots of what I see. As you see there are some errors Before it starting I give it fill it with dummy data. After the tao file I open VOBEdit and give it mpeg and once everything was done the mpeg was 0k which is not correct. I can not understand I see the file track 4. I do not need any menus or stuff like that all I want is the video track 4 I guess because its the biggest.

2/ Links

Click image for larger version

Name:	errors1.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	6418Click image for larger version

Name:	extract.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	6419

Any Idea whats next? I can not understand why I see it but I can not read it. I drop the camera before finalizing I did not damage the disk. Any idea what to do next?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can you view the contents of this disc using windows explorer?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by lowellriggsiam View Post
    Can you view the contents of this disc using windows explorer?
    No when I click on the dvd it shows my desktop I mean I see nothing, empty. I also try under my Linux nothing. I even try to dd the track 4 but it says input/output error
    Quote Quote  
  8. Any ideas guys?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by burnbrain View Post
    Any ideas guys?
    I have no further suggestions for recovering your video.

Given all those read errors, something is definitely wrong. The problem could lie with the disc, even if nothing can be seen with a visual inspection. Perhaps the disc had manufacturing defects. Other possibilities are your PC's DVD drive is worn out, or the drive in the camera was worn out.
    Quote Quote