VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ive been using the Hauppauge HD PVR to record XBox games but was wanting to use it to record Sky HD (UK) in the same way but have heard that i need the older boxes which i don't have. Does this mean i'm s**t-outta-luck or there a way around this.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do you have component output on the box? If so do the same thing as your xbox.

If not you'll have to either somehow get the old box or perhaps look for an hdmi to component converter. I don't know if they exist and I don't know if it would work very well.

Of course you can still capture through composite or svideo (well the scart equivalent - I don't know scart so I'm just saying what I know). You could still get very good quality over svideo and perhaps even 16:9 - but probably letterbox over svideo. You would still be able to record 5.1 over fiber optic if your current box has fiber optic output.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. You should get an HD Fury 2 - it's an HDMI to Component converter that works really well with the Hauppauge HD PVR - I've just bought these 2 items myself to do exactly what you mention. Quality is excellent.
    Quote Quote