VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there a way I can convert video with ffmpeg to be in mp4 format and play on either iphone or android?

I can't seem to get anything that I convert to play on a phone.

I can get other mp4 files I found to play on the phone but any file I convert into that format won't actually play.

Any help would be very appreciated and I thank you in advance!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Xmediarecode uses ffmpeg to convert videos. It has many presets for specific phones.
    You could probably use it to reverse engineer the settings if you want to do it by command line.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok that worked for conversion but won't play in droid phone. I was hoping to have one file that
    plays in either droid or iphone. It will play in droid if you load it over and over sometimes it plays
    sometimes it doesnt
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What worked? What software and settings?

But, yes it's tricky to get it work fine on ALL android phones.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I used ffmpeg

ffmpeg -i srcfile -acodec libfaac -ab 64k -s 320x240 -vcodec libx264 -vpre slow -vpre ipod320 -b 500000 -threads 0 -f ipod destfile
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok I got this further with this:

exec($ffmpegPath . " -i " . $srcFile . " -vcodec libx264 -vpre medium -vpre ipod320 -b 512k -threads 0 -s 480x262 -f mp4 " . $kdest);
    exec($ffmpegPath . " -i " . $kdest . " -acodec libfaac -ab 64k -ac 1 -vcodec libx264 -ab 64k -ac 1 -vpre medium -vpre ipod320 -b 512k -bt 512k -threads 0 -s 480x262 " . $destFile);

but the issue I have is if the video is just a few seconds loads super slow like over a minute but then plays fine.

then when you add something that is about 30 seconds in length it takes so long to load it times out.
    Quote Quote