VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi all

Firstly i am not sure if i am in the right section so apologies if i am not.

Basically what i want to do is create high quality sideshows of my family snaps! I have a Sony HX5V, and have taken loads of photos over the year, that i now want to make into a good dvd for parents etc to watch. When i use a normal Photo slide show software for example Windows DVD maker, they look ok on the tV but never as good as they do when i view the same pics directly from the camera to the TV.

I think i need to create a Photo slide show in maybe AVCHD format as, if i understand it right you can still burn them onto a normal DVD and this will improve the quality of the pics from disc. The reason i say this is i used to have Nero and created a slide show on that in AVCHD and they were perfect on screen from the DVD but for some reason when i played the pictures back it was very temperamental and for example missed the first 10 or so pics out before playing the rest ok.

So with all this in mind, can anyone recommend what the best Photo slideshow software out there is for what i want???

Thanks for any help on this

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    DVD slideshow GUI or Proshow. Output as Blu-ray and burn on DVDr.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    both DVD slideshow GUI AND multiAVCHD are capable of making hi-res slideshows. multiavchd is probably easier, just drag a folder of pictures to it and it should ask if you want to make a slideshow.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Now the parents have a Blu-Ray player right? Otherwise you will need to downsize to 720x576 SD resolution for a DVD.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Yes they have a blu ray player and thanks for the recommendations i will try them out

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    ME again

Just looked at DVD Slideshow GUI, it looks ok but one thing i cant see that it does is menus, ie i want to be able to put a dvd in and it comes up with a menu of say, pictures in vegas, pictures on paris etc etc

Is this possible??

Thanks all

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  7. No menu for BluRays from DVD slideshow GUI, but you can make HD mp4's which I guess can be imported in multiavchd.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Again thanks! is there any programme out there that does it all? i dont mind paying for the programme.

if i find any photo slideshow programme that outputs to blueray, will this do the trick?

Thanks

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Hi all

I have downloaded a few trial versions of some slideshow software and have done what people have suggested, created a slideshow, outputted as blue-ray and burnt to DVDr, however when i put it in my ps3, instead of the menu coming up that i have created with all the albums etc, its recognises the disc as a data disc, and then shows the BDMV & Certificate folders.

Now i can see my pictures by going into BDMV and then its stream and they play great but the actual menu i have created in the software plays but just as a video and you cant select anything form it.

Is there a way round this to get it so when i put disc in it works as it should??

Thanks for any help

Chris
    Quote Quote