VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Greetings

I'm currently using a video card with an S-Video connection for a second monitor, but rather than attach a second monitor, I've connected the output to a Pinnacle Movie Box. The Movie Box is recognized by WME and I can stream the output directed to the second screen to the network. This works rather well.

I'd like to do the same thing using HDMI. Has anyone been able to take the output from an HDMI video card and push it into an encoder?

I thought perhaps the Black Magic Intensity and its HDMI Input connection might function like the S-Video connection to Pinnacle Box.

If possible, can you detail the video card and the encoder product?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Can't speak for BMI.

The AVerTV HD DVR's HDMI input does work in WME but it doesn't recognize the audio. Someone here said that the new version, "Expression Encoder", can record the audio but doesn't preview it. I take it you don't care about streaming audio anyway if you're just using an S-video cable now.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hardware requirements for the BlackMagic Intensity are very high. And it's very picky about input resolutions and refresh rates. It has to be standard video resolutions and refresh rates.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'd like to pick up the audio from the HDMI input. In my current S-Video configuration, I push the audio from the sound card. The S-Video and Audio Left and Right are connected to the MovieBox so I can pick up the audio in WME.

I have access to the AverTV HD DVR and will try this with WME. This might be the solution I'm looking for but I'll need to address the audio issue.

As you can probably see, this is a bit of a screen-scraping procedure, but it's the MovieBox that accepts the stream(?) from S-Video. Does this work because the S-Video is configured as a "TV Out"? And can an HDMI out on a video card be configured the same way?

Thanks for your input
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by MeanOldMike View Post
    As you can probably see, this is a bit of a screen-scraping procedure, but it's the MovieBox that accepts the stream(?) from S-Video. Does this work because the S-Video is configured as a "TV Out"? And can an HDMI out on a video card be configured the same way?
    Not sure I understand the question. You would setup the HDMI output as a second monitor and set it to either 720p or 1080i resolution.

You can still use your analog method for the audio, just plug the sound card output into the AVerTV's breakout cable the same way as you now connect it to the MovieBox. WME does recognize those inputs.
    Quote Quote